Thursday, May 22, 2008

13w5d

And now, the announcement you have all been waiting for... the kitchen is DONE! Finally!










I did some rearranging of things on the counter and I need to get new dishtowels, curtains, a rug, etc. but I love it! Worth 7 weeks of aggravation? I guess so.

In baby news... I cant believe I am here. I am in the second trimester. It is really amazing and constantly surprises me. Funny that I thought I would want to yell it out to everyone but now that I am here I still feel like it is a secret and I need to be careful. I had an OB appointment last night and everything looks good. Dr. B must be concerned with my weight because he was asking about how sick I am and whether I am eating any solids. I certainly am but I wasnt for a while. My net loss at this point is 7 lbs, I am up 2 lbs from my lowest weight. I am not gaining weight as quickly as I thought I would but I am ok with that! Also, the first portion of my sequential screening (basically an NT scan) came back negative which means I just need bloodwork to confirm when I go for my big u/s. Yay! The interesting thing is that I had said as long as I see a heartbeat, I will be fine and I really have been, I havent been anxious about these results at all because I know that there is a little baby in there squirming away. How lucky am I? I am can really feel my uterus now but I am surprised that I cant feel the baby with as big as it is. I know most people dont feel it for a few more weeks but you would think if you had something as big as a lemon moving around in your belly you would feel it, right? Hopefully soon.

5 comments:

Jill said...

The kitchen is GORGEOUS!

I feel the same way about the baby moving (I'm 14w2d) -- don't you think we'd know it if a lemon is moving around in our bellies? I guess not!

Becky Le Cochon said...

Oh WOW!...Its GORGEOUS!!!!!!

Becky Le Cochon said...

OMG!!! It's simply gorgeous!!

Becky Le Cochon said...

Ok missy still waiting on teh belly shot!

Becky Le Cochon said...

What you mean Good Luck....Where in the world have you been woman?