Thursday, July 31, 2008

23w5d


Hi! Not too much to update but I wanted to share a belly picture from my vacation a few weeks ago so you can see how I've grown!!

We went to register on Tuesday night, it was quite an experience. I thought I knew what I wanted and was pretty knowledgeable on all things baby but I was wrong. After a day of editing, I am pretty happy with my registry now. Yay! I am also going to try to set up a universal registry where I can link to different stores online for items that arent available at babiesrus. I only have like 7 items but I would really like to put them on a registry somewhere as some are kind of big. Any suggestions for a website to use? I have heard that Amazon does it but wanted to see if there was something else where I could link to whatever I wanted.

We are still on a hunt for a glider. We are having a comfort/cost issue. I am choosing based on comfort, B is choosing based on cost. Not really sure how that is going to end up. To be continued I guess.

No appointments or anything recently but yesterday I signed up for our classes at the hospital! We are taking Prepared Childbirth, Breastfeeding and Infant CPR. I really want to do the CPR class, I think it is important. B thinks that someone in our family of nurses can just show us how to do it but I dont think it is the same effect. So I am taking it and he is not. Those classes are in September and October. Couple that the weekly NSTs, bi-weekly and then weekly OB visits and I will be at that hospital pretty often from Sept - Nov. I wonder if they have a frequent parking program :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Has your DH already taken infant CPR? If not, I strongly urge you to strongly urge him to go. You don't ever know when you'll need that skill. Not only that, but the confidence in knowing what you're doing in an emergency will make you less panicked. My DH hates going to classes like that, but I made him go and he was glad he did. I am, too. GL!

Jill said...

You look so cute!

By the way, we were also trying to find a glider that was comfortable yet affordable. We found an awesome one at BRU (the Carter's glider) that was super tall (my DH is 6'6") and so comfy. It was also the cheapest one I've seen -- glider + ottoman for $499, and you can usually get a 15% off coupon. It also has a removable, washable cover. The only problem is that it only comes in cream. Good luck searching!

Becky Le Cochon said...

loving the growth

Becky Le Cochon said...

ohhh lisa....blogland misses you!!!!