Wednesday, September 3, 2008

28w4d

So I'm glad that I didnt attempt the bikini! At my doctors appointment the following week I found out that I gained 9lbs!! Oops! Nothing else exciting happened at that appointment except that I am now going every 2 weeks so I already had an appointment again yesterday. This one was a little more interesting. I had to do the glucose tolerance test so at my last appt they gave me the drink to take home so I could drink it before I came. I got there with a half hour left before I needed my blood drawn. After waiting about 10 minutes they called me back to do weight (only 2lbs!), bp and urine. By the time she was done I still had 15 minutes so she put me in a room to see the doctor. This made me nervous naturally because what are the chances of the doctor coming in and being done within 15 minutes, right? It just doesnt happen. But I figured I would let them worry about that. So Dr. B comes in and we do the normal routine. I had a couple questions for him (I will discuss one below) and we are just finishing up when the nurse comes rushing in saying that there is a 9 minute window and we are at 9 minutes exactly and we have to take my blood right that second or we will miss it. So Dr. B leaves and she starts to draw blood. I have this done all the time, I did it every other day for months when seeing Dr. F, I just had blood drawn on friday for my thyroid panel, I am so used to it so it was odd when I started seeing stars. Once she stopped it went away and I was fine so who knows what it was. Then she realized that in her haste she forgot a cotton swab to put under the bandaid. "No big deal," I say, "I'm not a bleeder." Famous last words. So we leave the room and I go to the desk to make my next appointment. I happen to look down at my arm and it is covered in blood! Luckily the nurses station is right behind the desk so she was able to clean it up and properly bandage it so there were no more problems. As far as OB appts go, this one was more interesting than the rest!

Saturday night through Monday morning I had a bad pain in my side. It would flare up and be pretty bad but other times not too bad. It was bad enough to wake me up during the night both nights but then Monday morning after sitting on the sofa for a little while it seemed to just go away. Since I wasnt bleeding, vomiting or contracting, I didnt call the doctor. I did mention it to him at my appointment though. He felt around and hit the spot ::ouch! no wonder i was seeing stars:: and then felt the baby ::ouch again! he practically lifted my uterus out of my belly::. He determined that the baby is transverse and the pain is most likely severe round ligament pain due to the babys size and position. If he were a good boy he would be head down and then my uterus would be stretching up and down instead of side to side. At this point, being transverse isn't a huge deal, just something to watch. I am going to try some techniques suggested to me to get him to turn (spinningbabies.com). If he doesnt turn by 32-34 weeks I will probably go to a chiropractor and/or acupuncture to see if either of those can help. If he still doesnt turn I am against an external version so I would be having a c-section. A lot can happen between now and then though. Since he is still small enough to move around in there I will do my best to get him to turn sooner rather than later. Come on banana! Be a good boy for mommy! I also heard that putting a frozen bag of veggies by his head should encourage him to turn but I'm not sure which side his head is on. I will ask at my next appointment if I havent had success yet.

In other baby news, his room is painted! Well the walls are painted, daddy just needs to do the trim and ceiling. We are doing a million little odds and ends projects around the house and since we still have plenty of time before the baby comes, we arent really in a rush to finish his room. I would like it finished and the furniture in by my shower (oct 11) so we have somewhere to put everything. I also repainted the rocking chair that B's mom gave to us. She had used it when he was a baby. I am having a wonderful nestie make new cushions for it. I finally bought fabric and sent everything off to her yesterday. I can't wait to see how fabulous it is when it's done!

A mom on the nest just had her twins yesterday. She was less than a week further ahead than me. It is amazing to see those babies and to think that's what my little man looks like. He is that big! He is becoming more and more real every day and I can't wait until he gets here!

2 comments:

Becky Le Cochon said...

you need to come out of hiding and look at my page

Becky Le Cochon said...

I changed the link to my blog. Change it on your blog too.
www.thelesbiancurse.blogspot.com