Tuesday, September 30, 2008

32w3d

Day 2 of being home alone on bed rest. It wasnt too bad actually. I woke up feeling pretty sick to my stomach so I decided to stay in bed for the morning. My friend Cat called from Chile, she is teaching english there for 6 months. We had a nice long chat about all kinds of things. Then my sister brought me lunch and picked up a book for me at Barnes and Noble. Do I really need another book to read? No, but this is highly recommended by moms of preemies so I thought I should pick it up and do a little reading to be prepared. The other books dont seem quite as important right now. My cousin came over and brought a basket of goodies including, lasagna, choc chip cookies, books, magazines, coloring books and puzzle books plus a picture that my godson drew for me! When she left I got on the phone with my friend Shannan and talked about what I need to get done before the baby gets here. She has 2 little girls that are about a year and a half apart so I trust her. Then I turned on the lullaby cd for the baby and started reading my new book. How relaxing!

Besides not feeling well off and on throughout the day it was pretty uneventful. I have had some contractions but nothing consistent. Last night I had about an hour of contractions that were 8 minutes apart but eventually slowed and stopped. I am now comfortable determining what is a contraction and what isnt as long as they are strong enough, and if they arent I probably shouldnt be counting them anyway.

It has been exactly a week since I was sent to L&D (almost to the minute) and I cant believe how much has happened since then. It is amazing how quickly things change.

1 comment:

Becky Le Cochon said...

holy cow!!! I guess he's ready to get out into the world huh!!!