Monday, December 31, 2007

Trigger tomorrow!

My appointment today was much better than Friday. I had a 17mm follie, nice and almost ripe! My nurse called with my b/w results but I was sleeping when she called so I'm not sure of the numbers. Estrogen was over 200, Progesterone was 1ish and LH was over 20. "Beautiful!" according to the nurse. Tomorrow night I will trigger and I should ovulate on Thursday. Sunday I am to start the progesterone supplements and then I should call back in 2 weeks for b/w if I dont get my period. I told her I hoped I would be calling her! She reminded me that unfortunately I would be calling either way (I would need to set up an appt to get the next cycle started). So I was certain that this cycle was a bust and I was wrong. I always assume the worst but that helps me cope. If I assume the worst and it turns out ok, I am pleasantly surprised. If I am right, at least I am semi-prepared.

SO about the trigger... first, they never told me at the office that it needed to be refridgerated. I only knew that from the nest (thanks nesties!). If I didnt know that I wouldnt have checked the box and then I wouldnt have refridgerated it and I would have ruined the whole thing. Ok, maybe I am being a little dramatic again but still, isnt that something they should have told me? Second, I really want to be able to give myself the trigger but I dont think I will be able to. I cant even watch when they take blood. So I think I am going to do it at my moms tomorrow since everyone will be over for dinner. Not that I want an audience but my aunts, who are both nurses, will be there and if I chicken out, they can give it to me. Oh and why isnt B giving it to me like everyone else's husband? Because he has the shakiest hands ever, especially when he is nervous. He is worried that he will break the needle while trying to give me the shot so he refuses to even attempt it. I dont want to make him do it if he isnt comfortable and I really dont want a broken needle in me!!

So here we go! I am ready for my first official 2ww since the miscarriage!! I hope this works.

No comments: