Friday, February 29, 2008

IUI#2 - 1st B2B

So this morning was my first of two IUIs this cycle. I was really concerned about B's sperm count since he has been so sick this week but he amazed me again with his super sperm - 100 million and 80% motility. Last time he was 110 million at the first IUI so he did great! I was really expecting 40 million or something much lower... phew! One more tomorrow and then we can start the 2ww. The procedure today was fine but a little more uncomfortable than I remember last time being. I didnt have much in my bladder which was probably the problem, I will drink something tomorrow morning.

I did ask Dr. F how many more cycles of clomid we would do if this doesnt work. He said maybe 1 at most so I guess by April we could be moving on to injectibles or maybe sooner. It is just nice to know that we arent going to continue doing clomid forever if it isnt working. Beta day is March 17 - St. Patrick's Day! - if I make it that far. I will probably start testing way before then. I might just POAS every day this cycle to reduce some of the anxiety around testing. I will test out the trigger and then wait for that BFP!

Oh! There was no trigger excitement last night. My aunt did it instead of B this time. You can tell that she is a pediatric nurse because she was so gentle and I really didnt feel it at all. I was shocked. When B did it I was screaming because it hurt. This time it was in and out, I thought there was no way that she could have injected everything that fast but she did! Way to go Aunt Barb! She said that since she administered the trigger, she is responsible if we get pregnant this month. I'll take whatever I can get, if she wants to take credit that is fine with me!

2 comments:

Becky Le Cochon said...

GOOO SWIMMERS!!!!!GOOOOO....
Let you are ahead once again in the game...I have to go back on Monday...follies are still babies...

Becky Le Cochon said...

I know ....it was SIDS i think It's so heart breaking to have to deal with that 9months in. The Dr.s shoul have picked up on that a Longggggg while back in her pregnancy