Monday, October 6, 2008

33w2d


A picture of me doing my favorite thing, eating ice cream! This was taken around 30 weeks but my belly was definitely big enough to be an ice cream rest at that point! Everyone says that I was getting really swollen right before I ended up in the hospital - I noticed too - but it has gone down a lot probably because the procardia is for pregnancy induced hypertension in addition to pre-term labor. So there you have it, my swollen, piggy self!
Another week on the sofa is beginning. The nest isnt working this morning and MSN is being so slow so I've been trying to find other stuff to look at online without stalking my registry. I am really going to try not to look at it for the rest of the week but it is going to be hard. I cant wait for my shower though, it is going to be so much fun! And I will finally feel like we are semi-prepared for this baby to come.


Yesterday my contractions started changing. They had been pretty consistent (every 6-20 minutes) with a tightening feeling sometimes with a little pressure, making me feel like I have to pee - I imagine those are similar to braxton hicks contractions. Yesterday that kind of stopped, I still have tightening but I dont feel it very much. Instead I was having a lot of back pain and then pain down into my thighs. This is similar to how I was feeling in the days before I ended up in the hospital, especially the back pain. So I wonder if I am transitioning from uterine irritability to gearing up for labor. Only time will tell of course but when I went to bed last night I was sure I would wake up in labor. This morning I am not having the back pain but I am still not having the BH-like contractions. My mom said maybe this is the calm before the storm or maybe the procardia is finally working. Who knows? Hopefully I make it until at least Saturday after the shower!!


I dont know if I mentioned this before but B has some knit items that were made for him when he was a baby - 2 sweaters and 4 hats. I went through them yesterday and found that one of the sweaters and hats appears to be newborn size so I am going to have my mom wash them for me and hopefully we can incorporate them into his coming home outfit. I was thinking of just getting a blue sleeper to wear under it. Hopefully we can store them properly and they will become heirlooms. I will try to post pictures.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful pic! Enjoy your belly and your bellytime with your little one!