Sunday, October 19, 2008

35w1d

So everyone complains that the last few weeks of pregnancy are torture because you are always questioning whether labor is starting. I have been like this since 32 weeks and it is getting old. This morning I had an hour of contractions that were 5 minutes apart and then I decided to stop timing them, get a shower (I wanted to smell pretty if I ended up in the hospital) and then relax for a little to see if they continue. I am still not timing them but I think they have slowed down now. I try not to get too worked up when this happens but it is definitely frustrating.

Yesterday we did a lot of work to the baby's room. We cleared out all of the boxes, got stuff put away in the closet and organized, and put together the swing and bouncer seat. Brian also returned all of our duplicates to BRU, they took everything back without a fight even though we didnt have receipts for everything. He used the credit to buy some remaining items off our registry so now there are only about 5 small things left and they arent things that we need right away. Today I am hoping to put together the pack n play (I still dont know where the heck I am going to put it, I dont see how it is going to fit in my living room without putting it in the middle of the floor. Maybe that 60-ish inch tv was a little too big.), the stroller and getting the car seat bases installed. Also, there is a little more baby laundry. A few more small things I'd like to do: I want to repack our hospital bags. As a result of all of our visits I've decided that I want to have multiple small bags instead of one or two big bags so I am going to pack a triage/labor bag, post-partum bag and a bag for B. I also need to pick out a coming home outfit for the baby. I really want to go out and look for something but it seems silly with all of the clothes we already have. There is just nothing that would work well with the knit sweater and hat that I was hoping to use, everything has little appliques of cars or animals or sayings on the front. Arent there baby clothes that are just plain without cartoon appliques?? I am on the search for a plain, light blue cotton footed sleeper - I cant even find one online! I would even do something that had stripes or was a different color, I just want it to be plain without any appliques or animal/car prints. Please let me know if you know where I can find one.

2 comments:

Rebekah said...

Hi there! I'm de-lurking to let you know that baby gap has exactly what you are describing. There is a tiny little embroidered teddy bear, but I imagine that the sweater would cover that up. HTH! =)

http://www.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=15867&pid=367337&scid=367337002

staci said...

I was going to say the same EXACT thing about Baby Gap. They are wonderful for great, plain clothes.